The metallic bond is a unique type of chemical bond found in metal elements in a sample of metal the valence electrons detach from the atoms and are free to move throughout the metal. Metallic bonding and the physical properties of metals chemistry tutorial key concepts a metal is a lattice of positive metal ions in a sea of delocalised electrons metallic bonding refers to the interaction between the delocalised electrons and the metal nuclei. A metallic bond is a type of chemical bond formed between positively charged atoms in which the free electrons are shared among a lattice of cationsin contrast covalent and ionic bonds form between two discrete atoms metallic bonding is the main type of chemical bond that forms between metal atoms
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.