The punic wars were a series of conflicts fought between the forces of ancient carthage and rome between 264 bce and 146 bce the name punic comes from the word phoenician phoinix in the greek poenus from punicus in latin as applied to the citizens of carthage who were of phoenician ethnicity as the history of the conflict was written by roman authors they labeled it the punic wars. Initially rome and carthage were well matched rome had recently come to dominate the italic peninsula while carthage controlled parts of spain and northern africa sardinia and corsica sicily was the original area of contention at the end of the first punic war carthage releases its hold on . The first punic war began in 264 bc when settlements on sicily began to appeal to the two powers between which they lay rome and carthage to solve internal conflicts the war saw land
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.